Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GT4 pics

I'd like to put mine back to brown...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I didn't renew my FCA membership...

I know mines a US model but still looks good too me! I love these cars. I am looking for another ferrari and everyone I talk to that either had or has a GT4 says its one of the best Ferrari's they ever had. I love mine which just turned 38!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Robert Garven
    1975 Dino 308 GT4 #10766

Ventura, CA

"Entry level Ferrari, ideal for one who wants expensive maintenance without the stigma of owning a more expensive model"
    Sports Car Market Magazine

you have a sweet car, and certainly have taken care. Did you not win an award?
    SHHHH! Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm huntin Hammersquatch.

Quote Originally Posted by robertgarven View Post
    I know mines a US model but still looks good too me! I love these cars. I am looking for another ferrari and everyone I talk to that either had or has a GT4 says its one of the best Ferrari's they ever had. I love mine which just turned 38!
    I see all your pollution is in place, does your car get tested for emissions?
    rocksauto.ca

Fave,

Yes but that was 10 years ago will go to Monterrey next year and see if it still has it. I was marked off for correct stuff and let slide for incorrect . I think the judging is more political than most want to believe!

MY car is not perfect unless you compare it to the cars on ebay then its a trailer queen! HAAA Glad to han out here with you guys I am on every Ferrari site on earth now!

My favorite is still http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/deathtoferrari/ which is a joke of course but i like the logo. I joined only to poke fun at the guy! HA
    Robert Garven
    1975 Dino 308 GT4 #10766

Ventura, CA

"Entry level Ferrari, ideal for one who wants expensive maintenance without the stigma of owning a more expensive model"

Rock,

Everything s there and working but unhooked. It makes the temps about 100 hotter. I think that is why so many cars lose their sodium valves from the unbelievable extra heat. In CA any car before 1975 is not checked but has to have all the stuff there even though they never check I keep it for show. For all the bad thing about CA we have about 360 days of good weather unfortunately I work 12 hour days in a basement so I probably get as many days driving as guy in Labrador!
    Robert Garven
    1975 Dino 308 GT4 #10766

Ventura, CA

Rob recommended me to this site. Here are pics of my GT4:
    Nov2012-a.jpgNov2012-d.jpgNov2012-g.jpgHagertyPic-b.jpgHagertyPic-d.jpg
    1975 Ferrari Dino 308 GT4, S/N: 10576
    www.dino-gt4-registry.com

"If there is no solution, there is no problem"

Love the burgundy interior and rugs !

Very unique, amd more interior pics Peter ?
    The problem is not the car.....it's the biscuits.

Black with black boxer trim, on red. Very nice combo

Peter how long have you owned your car?

Rocco
    rocksauto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Love the burgundy interior and rugs !

Very unique, amd more interior pics Peter ?
    Here's one I took from the passenger's side:
    HagertyPic-c.jpg

And here's one taken by this photographer, who posted it on flickr, when I had the car on display at the Crescent Beach Concours:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2122901...-aiYaKF-aiYaFM

Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    Black with black boxer trim, on red. Very nice combo

Peter how long have you owned your car?

Rocco
    13 years (purchased in July, 2000).

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Rob recommended me to this site. Here are pics of my GT4:
    You forgot this one, Peter...

Peter 308.jpg

since 1997 for me
    rocksauto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by F355 Challenge View Post
    You forgot this one, Peter...

Peter 308.jpg
    Ahh, fantastic! I remember this from so many years ago Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    since 1997 for me
    Funny you mention that date, because that's the first time I came across my own car... It had been offered up for sale at a local classic car auction. I took notes, and if memory serves me correct, it was either a reserve sale, or not (but with a somewhat high estimate), but it was out of my league at that time (still in school) so I didn't bother staying to see if would sell or not.

Three years later, I see an online ad for this car at a local car dealership with a much lower price tag! I figured it was now or never. The rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ahh, fantastic! I remember this from so many years ago Barry!
    Hi Peter! Those were the good old days when there were just a couple of hundred of us helping each other out. I'll never forget how helpful you and Magoo were helping me understand my GTB when I bought it 11 1/2 years ago.

I recently sold it. It became a collector's car and I was fearful when I drove it. I'm just not a collector. It went to someone who is, though. He's having it "Classiched' right now. I kept it original all those years. It will certify easily.

Hi Peter! Those were the good old days when there were just a couple of hundred of us helping each other out. I'll never forget how helpful you and Magoo were helping me understand my GTB when I bought it 11 1/2 years ago.

I recently sold it. It became a collector's car and I was fearful when I drove it. I'm just not a collector. It went to someone who is, though. He's having it "Classiched' right now. I kept it original all those years. It will certify easily.
    Strange how an old car becomes a collectors item, people just wake up one day and decide to buy an old car and add it to a collection.
    rocksauto.ca

...I'll never forget how helpful you and Magoo were helping me understand my GTB when I bought it 11 1/2 years ago...
    On a side note, I heard from Magoo recently. He's still in Maryland and still has his 308 GTS. He's doing well and keeping busy with his family and the 308 (contacted me for info about the speedometer as his was acting up). It had been a couple of years since we last spoke because I had changed email addresses, which he never got the reminder (spam filtered it out of his inbox) and the phone number I had was still his old Florida number.

Back on topic, I kind of figured something was up when I saw the 355 in your little avatar photo. Yes, your GTB was fantastic. I still remember your "Tape-N-Tell" suggestion for replicating the ANSA red trim... I haven't put it to use yet (because of the Borla muffler), but one of these days I will on something else!