Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey Begins

The Journey Begins

Next Stop --- Coppa Bella Machina! and lots of fun along the way.....

JourneyBegins.jpg

We can start to post photos of this restoration on the yak.

What a journey - what can you tell us about this car ?

Agurri !

Car is #26389 mid -1978 production Rosso with boxer trim on Nero interior. It was imported from the factory to the US and underwent an Amerispec conversion eventually being registered as a 1979 model in California. As I understand it it's last US owner was president of the FCA in CA before it was sold to my vendor in Vancouver BC. around 1994. Currently showing 56,000km the car was stored since about 2003 being driven only occasionally in order to keep things running properly.

This BB is mostly original and complete (expect for the pouch which I have now been able to assemble) but is in need of a complete cosmetic and mechanical restoration and is now in the the capable hands of Rocco and crew at Rock's Automotive Restorations who will bring it back to its original factory glory. When we received the car and Rocco got it running we were happy to see that it ran reasonably well with a good transmission in spite of all its time in storage thanks to Joe at Prancing Horse in Vancouver who cared for the the car and got it ready for its journey east.

The DOT conversion will be completely unwound including restoration of the vehicle frame to its original factory configuration along with a new, original factory exhaust replacing the current Borla exhaust. Our goal is to get the car back to the same state as when it left the Factory in 1978.

To paraphrase....as Flounder said in Animal House "oooh boy, this is gonna be great!!"

Ciao

Great story !

We all look forward to this adventure being documented !

Agurri !

Look forward to this resto, always fun to watch!

Hey, I recognize those blue gloves! Oh my aching fingers! Should be a fun resto, baby blue shields and all.
    try to ban me now!

Car is complete, solid and straight. A great candidate for restoration.
    rocksauto.ca

I wish I could say the same about myself.....

Quote Originally Posted by BBarch View Post
    I wish I could say the same about myself.....
    you not 22 years old?
    rocksauto.ca

This thread is becoming useless without pics boys
    The problem is not the car.....it's the biscuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    This thread is becoming useless without pics boys
    the photos are large and take time to load
    rocksauto.ca

Well lets start at the beginning

It was a cold winters day and the windows were all frosty, then there was a knock at the door. I went to open the door and there stood a man covered from head to toe, he said I have a delivery. No he wasn't Santa, he was the Mackie man with a 512bb in his carriageIMG00438-20130216-0833.jpg
    rocksauto.ca

once inside this was our first look at the car, it was bought sight unseenDSC05148.jpgDSC05149.jpgDSC05150.jpg
    rocksauto.ca

DSC06448.jpgDSC06449.jpg

some additional photos
    rocksauto.ca

DSC06452.jpg

A photo of the amermispec exhaust and the venerable goodyear gatorback tire
    rocksauto.ca

it has been some time since I updated this threadDSC06448.jpgDSC06453.jpg
    rocksauto.ca

this bb is so original........................DSC06460.jpg

the brake hoses have never been changed, this is a fast car and the brakes were never great to begin with
    rocksauto.ca

the factory fuel pump are still in the car, as are the dried out fuel hose.DSC06468.jpg
    rocksauto.ca

occasionally we fine some monkey business, double clamps on a short hoseDSC06475.jpg
    rocksauto.ca